Warp Plus Family
PIKA Technologies is one of the few BroadSoft® partners to offer CPE hardware solutions to complement BroadWorks®. WARP Plus is an ideal solution for hosted PBX service providers who face challenges to offer common functions that come standard with most on-premise PBX systems.
Based on the PIKA WARP and µWARP Appliances, the WARP Plus family supports Paging and Local Music on Hold individually or simultaneously, both compatible with the Device Manager from BroadWorks. A web-based configuration GUI greatly eases installation and deployment.
On-Premise Paging provides an effective paging function and has been identified as a “must have” feature to
convert SMB customers from traditional PBX’s to cloud-based hosted PBX solutions. Once installed at the customer premise, zone-paging and all-page announcements are redirected through the WARP Plus to the speakers of each IP phone in the page group. The WARP Plus effectively offloads the unusual WAN bandwidth spikes associated with paging to the LAN network. Tje device lessens the number of ports required on the edge device, while providing the local paging function that users of traditional legacy PBX systems are familiar with. Overhead speaker systems can also be driven without additional hardware and cost by using the line-out audio port or the on-board FXS port.
Music on Hold (MOH) provides a very convenient way for customers to connect their own music on hold source
(iPod, radio, cd player etc.) through a 3.5mm connector on the WARP at the customer premise. Customers can
now easily play customized audio content when placing callers on hold. In comparison to an ATA, installation is
simplified and reliability is greatly enhanced.
WARP Plus comes from PIKA’s 25+ years of developing telephony solutions. These products benefit from an attractive, brandable appearance in a small form factor. It is eco-friendly, consuming low power and the solid-state design ensures reliable operation.
Features & Benefits
- Single hardware platform providing a flexible combination of solutions allowing service providers to
standardize on a single device to solve their multiple customer premise needs
- BroadSoft BroadWorks compatible
- Easily adaptable to other hosted PBX platforms
- Easily brandable – promote your business or product brand
- Isolated from hosted system: can be installed or removed without disruption to live system
- The solid state WARP Appliance provides for reliable and cost effective customer premise equipment
- Standard FXS port provides optional direct connection to external (overhead) paging equipment. This
connection can be used interchangeably with the 3.5mm audio out port depending on the customers
- Purpose built solid-state telephony platform with associated reliability
- LCD Display – provides status information such as IP address for installation ease and trouble
- Small form factor – desktop
- Low power consumption
- Simple and rapid configuration is accomplished thru a web based configuration GUI
- Customer can install themselves when preconfigured by the service provider
This product includes Asterisk, which is licensed by Digium under GPL2.
BroadSoft and BroadWorks are registered trademarks of BroadSoft Inc.