Senior Software Developer
Are you an enthusiastic, innovative telecom software developer with 5 or more years’ experience in voice applications, and intensive knowledge on building performance-based applications?
Looking to play a significant role in a small, innovative team, interacting with AI engines and cloud speech applications?
Seeking to contribute and gain experience in realtime media, VoIP, multithreaded applications and Go Lang?
Pika Technologies is a leading telecom engineering company based in Ottawa, Canada. We’ve got the enthusiasm of a startup… but have been in business for over 30 years. We’re expanding our portfolio of cloud-based services and solutions while maintaining our worldwide success in legacy hardware, and are in search of an intermediate software developer.
You will be responsible for maintaining and developing VoIP and media processing features. Your extensive development skills will help us better respond to customer requirements and market trends. This is a unique opportunity to broaden the scope of your technological expertise.
Essential technical skills:
- At least 5 years of programming experience with C/C++
- Signal and media processing (e.g. moving data streams)
- Experience with third-party vendor integration (e.g. library integration)
- Real-time multi-threaded software development
- Software development for Linux and Windows platforms
Preferred additional skills:
- Experience in the telecommunications domain
- Experience with Go Lang and gRPC, WebRTC
- VoIP expertise – specifically with SIP and RTP
- Networking knowledge
- Experience with security and authentication protocols and public-key cryptography
- Experience with Redis, RabbitMQ, Memcached and alternatives
- Experience with SQL or noSQL Databases
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
*Pika Technologies is always looking for great hires, and you can help! Refer qualified candidates to us and if your candidate is hired, you will receive a $1000 bonus. You can send your referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org.